HVAC & FIRE PROTECTION
FTS provides comprehensive fire Protection, Fire Alarm, Security and HVAC engineering design and construction services.
Fire & Mechanical Code Analysis, Preliminary Design Studies and Owner Representation Administration are just a few of our Consulting Services.
From Title II and 3rd Party Design Reviews to Quality Assurance, Testing & Commissioning Reporting, our Value Added CM Support Protects You When It Matters Most.
Chairman, Victor "Vic" Tilles
With nearly 30 years of industry experience, FTS Consulting Group’s Founder and Chairman, Victor “Vic” Tilles, is widely recognized as a Fire Suppression System expert.
As a Gulf War Veteran, Vic served in Somalia on humanitarian efforts as well as in Operation Northern Watch, a combat forward protective effort. During his service in the U.S. Navy, he was accountable for sprinkler systems aboard naval ships and vessels. After completing active duty, Vic obtained NICET certification while working for Schirmer Engineering and then went on to work for large architectural and engineering companies. Vic’s passion for fire protection allowed him to seek experiences in plans reviewing, permitting services and inspection and testing. Combining his experiences with his passion, Vic took the natural next steps and started his own service, FTS, in 2017.
FTS Consulting Group comprises esteemed professionals with more than 25 years of engineering experience providing Mechanical, Electrical, and Fire Protection engineering and technical services. We provide cost-effective approaches that strike the delicate balance between practical and innovative solutions. Targeting the unique challenges of your business is our specialty!
With decades of combined Engineering, Design, and Construction Service experience, FTS Consulting Group is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business able to offer an expansive range of services. Focusing on Projects using Simplicity and Common Sense allows us to distinguish ourselves in three ways:
These distinctions are accomplished due to maintaining a Flat Management Style, which allows our Senior Staff, Engineers and Technicians to remain Hands-on in providing our Services.
- We Perform Straight-Forward Assessments & Planning resulting in Meaningful Design.
- We offer Right-Sized Solutions which are often the most Cost Effective.
- We Work closely with clients so We Never Forget the Client's Goals.
- 238210 Fire Alarm and Security Systems, Electrical Contractors
- 238220 Fire Sprinkler, Clean Agent, Waterless Suppression systems
- 238220 Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors
- 238310 Firestop / Fire Proofing
- 541330 Engineering Services
- 541340 Drafting Services
- 541512 Computer Systems Design Services
- 541990 All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- 561521 Fire Alarm Sales/Install and Monitoring
Product Service Codes: Mechanical
- 4120 Air Conditioning Equipment
- 4130 Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Components
- 4140 Fans, Air Circulators and Blower Equipment
- C1NZ A/E Construction Other Utilities
- C212 Engineering Drafting Services
- C219 A/E General & Other
- C223 A/E – General Mechanical Systems
Product Service Codes: Fire Protection
- 12 Fire Control Equipment
- 1230 Complete Fire Control Systems
- 6350 Misc Alarm /Signal & Security Systems
- S202 Fire Protection Services
- H112 QC Service – Fire Control Equipment
- H163 QC – Alarm, Security & Detection
- H212 Testing Fire Control Equipment
- H263 Testing Alarm, Security & Detection
- H312 Inspection – Fire Control Equipment
- H363 Inspection Alarm, Security & Detection Systems
- N012 Install of Fire Control Eqmt.
- N063 Install of Alarm & Signal Systems
Our professional, experienced staff of engineers and consultants have an extensive range of skills to meet your project needs. FTS’s team of professionals are actively involved in the fire protection and life safety community through activities such as professional societies, fire protection organizations and education programs.
25 Year Old Highrise Office Building
Performed Life Safety Studies on Multiple Floors
Performed Elevator Lobby and Stairwell Egress Study
Performed Emergency Lighting Study
Performed Fire Penetration Analysis and Correction Report
Co-designed and procured with local Peerless Pumps Integrator
Surveyed existing water supply
Designed modifications to building sprinkler system to accept new skid pump package
Designed Rework of fire alarm system
Provided integrator support for install and connection of fire pump and diesel generator.
Provided new fire protection design for entire church worship hall and lower level support spaces and daycare areas.
Surveyed existing water supply
Recommended architectural modifications to separate worship hall from adjacent educational center being served from same water supply line.
- Performed hydrant testing and designed modifications to city water line to reduce the need for a fire pump.
Multiple Task Order Efforts spanning 5+ years.
Fire Protection Studies
New Fire Protection Preaction System Designs
Fire Alarm System modification design and integration with wide area network.
Very Early Smoke Detection Application Design
Plans review and Installation site visits and construction support.
Post installation commissioning and Acceptance Testing
4205 Plummers Promise Dr.
Bowie, Maryland 21720
SDVOSB Expiration: 5/6/2023
Vet-Owned Small Business Enterprise(VSBE - MD)